Eyelid Ptosis Repair
Ptosis (pronounced “toe-sis”) is a medical term that describes a drooping upper eyelid. Ptosis can be present at birth (congenital ptosis) or may develop as we age (acquired). The degree of ptosis can range from mild to severe, and the type of surgery to treat ptosis treatment varies depending on how much the lids droop.
Acquired ptosis can be the result of a muscle injury or disorder, a nerve disorder, or, most commonly, it can develop with aging. Regardless of the cause, severe ptosis can obstruct vision and create a tired or aged appearance. Our physicians can tighten or repair the eyelid opening muscles to bring your eyelid back to its normal position creating a youthful looking appearance.
Ptosis Repair Improves:
- The upper part of your visual field and quality of your vision
- Overall anatomical appearance of the eyelid
- Symmetry of upper eyelids
- Appearance of eyes that look tired or sleepy
- Ability to sustain prolonged reading
If your vision is significantly impaired, a Ptosis Repair may be covered by insurance. If you do not meet your insurance company’s medical criteria, the procedure is then considered a cosmetic surgery.
Financing options are available. Ask one of our dedicated staff members for more information.
Get in touch with us for more information.
- Individual results and treatment sessions may vary.
- As with any procedure, there are some risks and possible side effects, which will be explained to you before treatment. Be sure to provide your complete medical history before undergoing any kind of MediSpa treatment.